Thursday, June 1, 2017

June TBR (KEERT)

Today I have my June TBR. I decided that I will post my TBR’s on the first day of every month and my monthly wrapups will be on the last day of every month. I hope you enjoy!

He’s so not Worth it by Kieran Scott:
I’m currently reading this book but I still wanted to include it. This is the second book in the He’s so/She’s so series. This book picks up right where the first book left off. Ally Ryan learned in She’s So Dead to Us that hoping for the best doesn’t always work out. Her old “friends” in Orchard Hill still hated her, and falling hard for Jake Graydon didn’t help since he managed to let her down more than anyone. So when Ally has to choose where to spend the summer, she decides to put up with her mom’s new boyfriend and hang out at the Jersey Shore instead of sticking around Orchard Hill where Jake has decided to stay. Summer at the beach isn’t all bad especially when Ally gets involved with a local bad boy. But back in Orchard Hill Jake is spending more and more time with Chloe and his interest in Ally may be put to the ultimate test.

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins:
This is the first book in the Sweet series. Embrace the Forbidden. What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences? This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels. Kindhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She's aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but it isn't until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He's the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna. Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?

Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige:
This is the first book in the Dorothy Must Die series. I didn't ask for any of this. I didn't ask to be some kind of hero. But when your whole life gets swept up by a tornado - taking you with it - you have no choice but to go along, you know? Sure, I've read the books. I've seen the movies. I know the song about the rainbow and the happy little bluebirds. But I never expected Oz to look like this. To be a place where Good Witches can't be trusted, Wicked Witches may just be the good guys, and winged monkeys can be executed for acts of rebellion. There's still a yellow brick road - but even that's crumbling. What happened? Dorothy. They say she found a way to come back to Oz. They say she seized power and the power went to her head. And now no one is safe. My name is Amy Gumm - and I'm the other girl from Kansas. I've been recruited by the Revolutionary Order of the Wicked. I've been trained to fight and I have a mission.

Skyscraping by Cordelia Johnson:
Mira is just beginning her senior year of high school when she discovers her father with his male lover. Her world–and everything she thought she knew about her family–is shattered instantly. Unable to comprehend the lies, betrayal, and secrets that have come to define and keep intact her family’s existence, Mira distances herself from her sister and closest friends as a means of coping. But her father’s sexual orientation isn’t all he's kept hidden. A shocking health scare brings to light his battle with HIV. As Mira struggles to make sense of the many fractures in her family's fabric and redefine her wavering sense of self, she must find a way to reconnect with her dad–while there is still time.

Thanks for reading!

Love,

Keert

No comments:

Post a Comment