Thursday, June 8, 2017

Review: The Heir by Kiera Cass

The Heir.jpg

Book Title: The Heir
Author: Keira Cass
Series: The Selection #4
Genres: Contemporary, Dystopian, Romance
Date Read: 5/5/17
Rating: 5 stars
Set 20 years after the first three books, Maxon and America’s daughter holds her own Selection. I have never read anything like The Heir in the entire YA genre. The concept is so different and can't be explained that well. It’s a little sad to leave the old characters, but there are plenty of new ones. The reader returns to Illéa and reads about the new changes to it that the future has brought.

I admired the concept of The Heir so much. It’s fascinating how this book is told in a new perspective. It’s amazing how readers can experience what it's like to host a Selection instead of what it's like to be one of the Selected. I can't really say much more about the plot because there are so many twists that I don't want to spoil the ending for you.

With a new Selection comes new characters. The Heir is full of many new faces around the palace to get used to but the way Kiera Cass described each one made it really easy to catch on. I really enjoyed how the old characters from the first books make appearances. I found it interesting how Eadlyn, the main character, refers to the characters that readers are so familiar with as Mom, Dad, Aunt May, etc. It's nice how the old characters aren't completely forgotten and learning how their appearances change with age.

It’s refreshing how the reader doesn't have to adjust to a new setting. The Heir is set in the same kingdom called Illéa in the exact same palace. I love how the book gets right to the point without going into too much detail about the location of the characters. It makes for a faster read, though. I could read The Selection series forever. It's that wonderful!

I think everybody should read The Selection series. I don't think you have to read the first 3 books in the series to understand The Heir but I recommend it so you can understand how a Selection works. This series is 1 of my all-time favorites, so I suggest you read it to know how breathtaking these books are!

Thanks for reading!

Love,

Keert

No comments:

Post a Comment