Friday, June 9, 2017

The Budget Beauty Brand You Need In Your Makeup Bag (RUBY)

You guys should know me well enough by now to know that I love a bargain, and I’m the kinda girl who is kind enough to share these bargains with you too. Anyways today I have to tell you about a beauty brand that is perfect if you’re after a dupe of some high end products.

The brand is W7 Cosmetics, who have seriously upped their game lately and I’ve been trying a few of their products recently that have seriously impressed me. I thought I would show you what I’ve been loving and how also I’ve been creating a smokey eye look recently using products from W7.

So let’s start with my base. I was intrigued about The Genius Foundation after seeing it was a dupe for a few different high end foundations. The dropper looked quite cool and with the promise of smooth skin and dewy coverage. I thought this could be perfect for Spring. The foundation does feel very light on the skin. Like it’s barely there. The coverage is low/medium but you could build it up and for $9.95. I think it’s a right bargain and it feels a lot more expensive on the skin.

W7 have an impressive array of concealers in their collection. From color correctors to camouflage kits. There’s a lot to choose from. I’ve been trying the Light Diffusing Concealer which is perfect for brightening up dark under eye circles and then the Catwalk Concealer which is creamy and blendable. It’s perfect for covering spots and marks. One thing I will say though is that the light shade isn't that light so just to be aware of that.

I’ve always been a little intrigued by baking and using different powders to set your make up. With my skin being SO oily at the moment, powder is my best friend right now. However, I don’t like it to be cakey. The Catwalk Powder in translucent is however perfect for touch ups throughout the day and keeping oil at bay. I also have the Banana Powder too which I haven’t tried. I’m so excited. I’m always excited to try new brightening products for the under eye area.

Now we’re getting onto the good stuff: bronzer and highlighter. Oh yes my favourite makeup products. So there’s been a very high end bronzer and highlighter palette that I’ve been meaning to replace for months. However, I almost ran round the house with my top pulled over my head like I’d just scored the winning goal in the World Cup when I realized that W7 do a dupe for just $7.95.

While it isn’t as good as it’s high end counterpart, The Hollywood Bronze & Glow is pretty good for a mere $8. The bronzer is a nice warm shade which has a little shimmer giving you that ‘just stepped off the beach’ glow and the highlighter is a nice golden sheen which is perfect for applying on your cheekbones for a day to day glow.

Then if you’re looking for a cheap highlighter that you can apply and be sure that it can be seen from space, the Glowcomotion is for you. This gold toned highlighter is so pigmented that it could give some super expensive cult highlighters a run for their money. You know that my motto in life is ‘there is no such thing as too much highlighter’ and this is my new fave.
W7 may be well known for their eyeshadows the most and the one thing I wanted to try was one of their neutral eye palettes. I am a sucker for a neutral eyeshadow palette and ‘Colour Me Buff’ was calling my name. Now, it doesn’t take a genius to work out which palette this is a dupe of and I was very intrigued to see if the quality and pigmentation matched up. I have to say they are very similar to one another and I am pretty impressed. There’s a few gold/bronze colors within the palette which are perfect for using to create a bronzey smokey eye which you know is my fave.

If you go through eyeshadow like no one’s business like I do, then these are perfect. At just $12.95 they are pretty affordable and the tin means they're pretty durable which makes them great for traveling.

I also have the Bronze Queen palette which I thought looked pretty great for day to day eye looks. There’s a glittery gold which is so pretty and then a few matte shades. I think this is perfect for a day to day eye look but you could also use it for night out look as well.  

I must also mention the Extra Fine Liner pen which is perfect if you’re a little heavy handed like I am which means that eyeliner can sometimes look a little heavy. However, this liner is perfect as the liner is like a felt tip but it’s pretty thin meaning it's basically impossible to go wrong. I mean if I can line my upper lash line with this, then you can. I would imagine it’s also good to use for flicks too as the the thin tip means you can’t go too wrong.

Lips wise, unless if you’ve been living in a cave recently, you’ll know that it's all about matte lips right now. Basically every brand has their own matte lip color products and W7 is no exception. However, the Mega Matte Lip Liquid Lipstick in the shade Two Bob is a must have for any nude matte lip fans. It reminds me of one of those Kylie Jenner shades and it’s so easy to apply and wear.

It's not too drying and smells really sweet too which you’ll either love or hate but for me it’s love. The Lip Twister Lipliners are also pretty good for lining your lips and making them a little fuller aka Kylie style.

I have to say that I wasn't sure what to expect from W7, but I’ve been pretty impressed with the products that I have tried so far from the range. I would say that my ultimate faves are: the In The Buff palette, the Mega Matte Lips lipstick and the Glowcomotion highlighter.

I think they have a great range of products that are pretty good dupes but for a much more reasonable price. Definitely worth a try!

Thanks for reading!

Love,

Ruby

No comments:

Post a Comment