I’ve been feeling a little stressed lately. Some days I feel like having a meltdown so I've been trying to pamper myself to relieve stress recently. You know taking some me time to unwind and relax.
Whether it's working out or having a bath, it's important to take some time for yourself and to take your mind off things. Due to me being a bit stressed out, my skin has suffered. I always think that the littlest bit of stress can show on your skin and my skin has been breaking out left right and center. So when I've been trying to take some me time, I've also been trying to make myself feel better by pampering my skin to try and clear it up a little.
A pamper evening is always one of my fave ways to unwind and relax. Shutting down my laptop, putting my phone on airplane mode, and pretending the outside world doesn't exist for an hour or two. I've been relaxing mainly by binging on my latest fave show on Netflix and sitting with a face mask on to try and clear up my pesky spots.
I've been trying out the new L’Oréal Paris Pure Clay Masks for my skin which have been helping to make my skin clearer, brighter, and definitely a little less stressed. There are three masks which can be used for different areas of your skin. My skin isn't the same all over. For example my cheeks house the majority of my breakouts, my chin is dry and uneven. Whilst my t-zone, nose and forehead are always oily. So using one mask on my whole face doesn't actually work so much, as each area needs a different treatment. So using the three masks; I use the Purify Mask (green clay with eucalyptus to purify and mattify) on my t-zone, nose and forehead, the Glow Mask (Red clay with algae and exfoliating beads to brighten and smoothen) on my chin, then the Detox Mask (Black clay with charcoal to detoxify and clarify) on my cheeks and any areas where I have a breakout.
These three work at the same time but on different areas the end result is overall better because I've treated my target areas individually. Although you won’t see a difference overnight, my skin always seems calmer and clearer when I've used the masks. They're gentle enough to use up to 2-3 times a week.
I had a mask on the other night and I thought to myself “hmm what do I do now?”. I'm not good at sitting still or switching off so I thought I'd try and come up with a list of 10 things to do when you have a face mask on. I thought I'd write a blog post about them just in case any of you are as fidgety as I am!
1. First of all, get in some comfy pajamas, grab some snacks, and slather on the face mask. I either use an old foundation brush to apply the masks or I'll just apply with my fingers.
2. Set a timer for how long you want the mask to stay on for. I usually always forget and either wash it off too soon or after I can barely move my face so setting a timer can help how effective the mask is.
3. Chill out with a book or something on TV but make sure you decide in advance what you want to watch or you'll end up like me not being able to decide and then the mask setting by the time you've decided.
4. Waste time by taking funny pictures with the filters on Snapchat which are always hilarious but even better with a face mask. Just be careful you don't send one to A) Your whole story or B) to someone who you definitely don't want to send a snap of your face mask face to. I think we've all had that mini heart attack of almost sending or sending someone an accidental snap.
5. Think of an emergency plan in case someone rings the door. Curtains/blinds shut and turning off the hallway lights are my top tricks.
6. Grab some snacks to eat but be careful to not get snacks stuck in your face mask or get face mask in your snacks. Neither are a good combination.
7. Dance around the living room if you can’t sit still. It’s also a little exercise I say to myself. See having a face mask is good for you in more ways than one. Just don't do what I do and look up into a mirror and give yourself a shock as you forgot you had a mask on.
8. The time when you have a face mask on is the perfect time to take those online personality quizzes that you're always tempted by when you should be doing actual work.
9. Pamper the rest of yourself: paint your nails, wash your hair, fake tan. Whatever you want. You'll wake up the next morning feeling like that sassy emoji lady. Trust me.
10. Listen to relaxing videos/music. If I'm feeling particularly stressed out, I'll sit and listen to either a nice relaxing YouTube video or music and just sit back and focus on breathing. This is really good for when you've had a particularly stressful day!
After this you should be ready to take off your mask. I always feel a little better and more like myself after a little pamper and I have been loving the multimasking concept from these L'Oreal masks. I think my skin has been appreciating it and I seem to be having more good days with my skin these past couple of weeks so that's a bonus!
I think I'm going to finish this post right now and go have another pamper. I guess one good thing from going through a stressful time is having the excuse to unwind ;)
Thanks for reading!