Thursday, July 13, 2017

Favorite Makeup Products Right Now (RUBY)

I must admit that there are a few items right now in my makeup bag that I am completely loving. I thought I'd write about some of my fave products right now. I've stopped doing orderly favorites every month because I would sometimes find the pressure of finding favorites a bit much. I want to rave about products that I genuinely love and would shout out about from a rooftop. Also seeing as I never want to spend too much money on myself, makeup and clothes, new favorites don't really appear that often so here are some current faves from this year so far.

Maybelline The Nudes Palette: I love this palette because it's affordable, pigmented, and has a mixture of matte and shimmer shades. A new daily must have for me and if you're a fan of smokey brown eye looks then you'll love this.

L'oreal Infalliable Foundation: I love this because it's long lasting (lasts all day, battles against sweat, rain, tears, dog licks). It's quite matte but not super matte so you look like you're wearing a mask. It's medium coverage and well I just like the fact it lasts so long on your face.

NYX Liquid Illuminator: Pure Gold: You guys know that I love a liquid highlighter. I'd been dying to try this for ages and then one Sunday afternoon, I was in one of those moods where I ordered a huge collection of products from Ulta and this was one of the things that I'd put in my basket. It's a goldish brown color. It's very similar to Nars Cocabana. It's perfect for highlighting cheeks or putting in with foundation. It doesn't go cakey or powdery and it doesn't make you look like a disco ball. I'm a big fan.

NYX Liquid Suede Lipstick: Tea & Cookies You know me. A matte nude lipstick and I'm in. I think this color is also kinda similar to Dolce K from Kylie Jenner's Lip Kits (I'll try get a dupe post your way soon) and it's matte, pretty long lasting, doesn't feel sticky or dry, and is under $10. I love the soft lip matte creams from NYX and I now have my eye on the NYX Lip Lingerie lipsticks so if you've tried any of those let me know!

NYX Dewy Finish Setting Spray: Okay so this favorites is quite NYX heavy and well that's because you know that big Ulta order I made that I spoke about earlier? Yeah a lot of that was NYX stuff. I've been needing a new setting spray lately and this one took my eye.This spray is really good, stops your make up going cakey, makes your skin a little more refreshed, and I just really like it.

Soap & Glory Mother Pucker Gloss in Nudestar: This gloss has been my all time fave this past month. I've been getting dry skin so a matte lipstick seemed to make things just all very dry so a gloss has been my preferred lip product of choice. This S&G one plumps your lips slightly. It makes you feel like you have teeny pins and needles in your lips and I just like the pale nude color. I tend to wear it over the top of nude matte shades such as Charlotte Tilbury's Nude Kate lipstick. I wouldn't say it makes my lips look like Kylie Jenner's or something but it does give them a little plump.

Thanks for reading!

Love,
Ruby

No comments:

Post a Comment